On July 6, the official website of the National Development and Reform Commission issued the "Notice on Strengthening the Management of Infrastructure Construction Projects and Ensuring the Safety and Quality of Projects". The highlights are as follows:
1. Super large-scale public buildings, super high-rise buildings and key area buildings are managed as major urban projects.
2. Buildings above 100 meters should strictly implement the approval of super seismic fortification
3. Strictly restrict the construction of new buildings over 250 meters
4. Newly built super high-rise buildings over 500 meters are not allowed
5. The project unit and the legal representative are generally responsible for the safety and quality of the project construction
6. This notice shall come into effect on the date of issuance.